Recovering From Bad Theme Settings

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mianth, Feb 10, 2013.

1. mianth macrumors newbie

A while ago I tried to install a custom theme on my iMac running Lion 10.7.5. After discovering that it didn't work, I deleted the files and left everything alone. A few days later, I open iTunes to find this:
    [​IMG]
    I tried to look for the files that I had edited, but can't find it anywhere. Not even the back up copy that I had made. Whenever I connect my or my wife's iPhones, I cannot tell what I'm doing as the text is black on a black background. If anyone can tell me how to fix this, I would be immensely grateful!
    Thank you in advance!

PS
    The Theme was called BlackOSX SL. After reading other forums, I realize that it is a theme for Snow Leopard and shouldn't have installed it. Please help me!

2. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Quit iTunes, then Open Terminal and type:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes high-contrast-mode-enable -bool FALSE
    If that doesn't work, Quit iTunes and re-run the iTunes installer: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If that still doesn't work Quit iTunes, Move iTunes to the Trash, Restart and then re-install iTunes. After its re-installed Repair Disk Permissions (Disk Utility > Click Macintosh HD > Click Repair Disk Permissions)

Note: If everything is working, you can go ahead and empty the trash when your done.

3. mianth thread starter macrumors newbie

It was in high contrast mode. Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate the speedy reply! If I have any other problems with this I will post it here.

Thanks again!

4. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

:p I'm glad it was that simple but be careful with themes. In OS X "themes" usually replace built in artwork and can be either a pain to or impossible to remove (without re-installing).