Recovering iPhoto Albums from iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mal, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

My hard drive died on me a few weeks ago, and I managed to restore both my music and photos with great success from my iPod, but I lost all my playlists in both places. iTunes playlists, eh, I can survive without those, but I had over 20 albums in iPhoto encompassing around 3000 pictures, so I'd really like to get those back. Is there any way to recover those, and if I'm really lucky, my keywords and slideshows? I'd rather not have to pay to do it, but since this is fairly important, I might be willing to buy something if there's no free way. I'm not scared of messing with invisible files and the like, though, so if you know the techie way of doing it, go ahead and post. Thanks in advance!

jW

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Unfortunately, all the photos stored on your iPod are resized to display better on the smaller screen.

3. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

You misunderstand. I have my photos (I enabled the option to store high-resolution versions on the iPod), I just want my album structure back.

jW

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Has there been a solution to this problem? I have the exact same issue!

5. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

iPod is not a backup solution. If you want the library the same way as it is on iPod, then you re create all albums by copying them as they are on the iPod.