Recovering lost music info useing "previouse itunes library" data file ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coopdevillan, Dec 31, 2008.

1. coopdevillan macrumors newbie

I have a issue and need someone to walk me through it if poss. I have looked high and low and believe I have found answers to these questions but cant piece them together properly. Soooo I will word it myself and get my own answers. I have lost about 8,000 tracks off of my itunes, it is not lost from my HD though. I assume itunes backed all this info up and i can import this and be able to start from scratch. I have spent the last 2 years cleaning up my library of over 20,000 tracks and am very bummed over this. Is importing ALL of my info before the loss a feat that can be done ? I recently installed Leopard and that is when this happen. I backed up my entire Tiger set up prior to the install. I am running mac pro ,intel. Looken for some love out there.:confused:

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

If you have a backup from Tiger, you can just copy the files in Music/iTunes folder from the backup over the installed files. There's no difference between the iTunes library in Leopard and Tiger.

3. coopdevillan thread starter macrumors newbie

Hope

I am lost on how to proceed on that. I am looking for a quick step be step run down ?

4. coopdevillan thread starter macrumors newbie

F#@ck Yeah !!!

I got it yay!!!! I kind of pieced together what was told on the last post and BAM those brain cells fired and I got her done. Thanks.:D