Recovering music from iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BettyLu, Jan 28, 2010.

1. BettyLu macrumors newbie

BettyLu

Hello!
    I did have a search on here but was unable to come across anything about recovering files on iPod Touch, apologies if I missed a thread.

The boring story is this as I'm told: My housemate plugged in her touch to her new PC, and her PC starting installing iTunes which subsequently opened, and synced her touch, thus deleting all the music on it.

I attempted to access the files as I would with my iPod classic through the terminal, quickly realising that the touch doesn't mount so I couldn't (at least not the way I know how). She recently had her old laptop stolen and so can't resync it back so she has lost all her music for good. I wondered if there was a way to recover them, possibly by jail-breaking it as I have done with my iPhone or what? Anyone that can shed any light on this would be most helpful!

:)

Betty

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

She'd have to go get the last backup of her old laptop computer. Restore the iTunes library to any computer and then stat up iTunes with option key and select the newly restored library then re-sync.

Peole always think of "disk crash" as the most common way to loose data. But no. IT's (1) theft of the equipment and (2) operator error. Looks like she had both happen.

3. BettyLu thread starter macrumors newbie

BettyLu

Damn, she had her back up drive stolen too, so has no back up of her old library. Bum.

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Call Apple, they will make a once-in-a-lifetime exception and let you re-downloads songs you bought from the iTMS.

If you ripped the songs from CDs, you can obviously re-rip them. :)

Off-site backups are a great thing. :)