Recovering NOTES only from a backup..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brewerpaul, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

I upgraded my IPT to the new OS, then did the restore fix to help with the battery drain problem. Seems OK, but now my notes are gone, and some of them are pretty important (passwords, work information, etc).
    I could get them back by doing a restore from backup, but then I'd be back to the fast battery drainage issue. Is there any way to recover ONLY my notes from the backup? If I could at least read the notes files, I could manually re-enter them.

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

No, restoring without backup means losing your memos and notes and saves and highscores on games and such. I think the only thing you can do is re-enter your memos.

3. Brewerpaul thread starter macrumors regular

The backup is in my computer somewhere (Windows XP)-- can I find the files and read the memos and re-enter them manually?

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Maybe? I'm not sure.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There are a number of things you can do, but the easiest is to restore from a backup (the one before you put iOS 4 on the Touch), then sync the notes to Outlook on a PC or Mail on a Mac, and then restore, setup as new, and sync the notes back to the Touch.

6. iMichaela macrumors member

iMichaela

I think the thread creator wants to know if he/she can go into their computer and view their backup information.

I would like to know this also.

7. Brewerpaul thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly. Then I could manually enter that information into the NOTES on my Touch.
    Somewhere I found reference to a path that supposedly showed where that file is stored in Windows XP, but that path did not exist on my machine.

8. shmoopers macrumors newbie

Is there a way to restore from an older backup -- one that doesn't show in the menu

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I updated to OS4 got an error (-402636802) and had to start over with "factory settings". I manually added my music and apps. back onto the Ipod but now I need to get the notes back. When I look at the options to Restore from Backup I can only see backups from the last day.

Is there a way to Restore using one of the older Backup files located via the ...Library/Application Support/Mobilesync/Backup path?

Thanks in advance.