Recovering Notes Without Any Backups

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by donadoni, Jan 24, 2013.

1. donadoni macrumors newbie

Hi,

I changed my iphone 4 with a better condition one and i got back to factory settings with the old one. But the thing is i forgot to backup my notes and the last time i backed it up was on 20st December 2012. But i need the data from 23rd of January 2013.

So is it possible to recover notes without any backup or they're just gone?

2. ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Assuming you used your iCloud account to create your notes, they should be there when you reattach your account. You can check if they're there right now by going to iCloud.com and entering you AppleID.

3. donadoni thread starter macrumors newbie

no, i didn't. i just activated an icloud account n i thought it syncs automaticly via wireless =(

4. ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Well, your notes should be in some account somewhere. Perhaps a Gmail or Yahoo account? Try adding any accounts you had on your old phone to the new one.

5. donadoni thread starter macrumors newbie

i have my gmail account. how they sync with iphone? n where can i find the data on gmail?

6. ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Go into "Settings">"Mail, Contacts, Calendars">"Add Account" on your iPhone and add the account. That should get the notes, if they're there, onto your phone.

7. donadoni, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013

donadoni thread starter macrumors newbie

tried but no chance? where they should appear? on iphone or mail account?

edit: ok found them on notes but only the last backedup ones. those that im trying to get back are still mystery.

8. ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Go into the same place where you added the account, but instead of pressing "add account", click on the gmail account you added, and make sure that "notes" is turned on.