Recovering Quicken Data files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mal, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I am trying to recover some deleted Quicken data files using Data Rescue II. I have found the files (or at least some files) using the deleted items scan, but unfortunately, I have discovered that they are actually packages containing the data files, and the recovery of course recovered the actual files. I also have discovered through some Google searching that the resource forks of those files are very important to Quicken, so I used two different proposed methods to restore those, but also with no success. I have checked permissions, etc, and no luck trying to get these to open. I can at least open them in TextEdit and view some of the raw data, but it's impossible to decipher enough useful information for this to be a good idea, plus the data file is 100MB and thus extremely long. Recovering that information manually is not really a viable option.

Any options? Help!

jW

2. Perfessor macrumors newbie

I've the same problem. Have you discovered any solutions.

3. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Unfortunately, I was eventually told to simply write off the data and start from the most recent backup (fortunately it was for a client, so they're doing that work, but it wasn't a good thing to have to explain).

jW