Recovering Stolen Mac

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by blasto333, Apr 12, 2009.

1. blasto333 macrumors regular

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Holy crap that is a heck of a story!
    I enjoyed reading about it.

Congrats on getting your laptop back. I would've moved from that neighborhood at once if I found out somebody broke into my apartment/house!

3. iJew macrumors newbie

Dude that is awesome. I have a similar story with a laptop, but I had a GPS locator in it (The Microsoft ones you can buy for $99) and recovered it. Great story though, just shows that with thinking and perseverance, you can do just about anything. :)

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Congrats on getting your computer back! Almost always it would have been gone for good.

5. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

That is an awesome story... If i had your tracking skills, the person that stole my computer would be in a body bag so that he could never rob anyone again... but that's just me.

6. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

7. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Really great read. Glad you got your Mac back :D Now lets wait for the movie!

8. Eanair macrumors 6502

Eanair

Hey, congrats on the computer!!!! :D

I recently moved towns due to a strikingly similar story, except that my laptop is still out in the open somewhere, probably in the hands of a new owner after being pawned off. We tried to track it, but alas...

That feeling you talk about, getting home when you realize someone was in your personal space? I totally feel ya. It's a somewhat indescribable feeling if you've never experienced it yourself, IMO.

Glad to hear you're alright (my thieves were dangerous too, most likely according to the police) and that everything ended well!!! *virtual hugs*