iPhone 7(+) Recovery lost data after restoring using iTunes without back up

girdejei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2018
By mistake my wife connected iPhone 7Plus iOS 12.0.1 to iTunes and restored iPhone with mine iPhones backup. She lost all data from her iPhone and now I can't recovery her data because it never backed up to iTunes or iCloud. Is there any way to recover/access photo's and contacts restored with wrong backup. I've tried many iPhone data recovery tools/programs like Dr.Fone EaseUs and many others but no luck to access any data which was deleted/restored.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
If there was never any backups done thru iCloud, iTunes or some other method I’m afraid everything is gone. You can’t recover data that doesn’t exist anymore.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
By mistake my wife connected iPhone 7Plus iOS 12.0.1 to iTunes and restored iPhone with mine iPhones backup. She lost all data from her iPhone and now I can't recovery her data because it never backed up to iTunes or iCloud. Is there any way to recover/access photo's and contacts restored with wrong backup. I've tried many iPhone data recovery tools/programs like Dr.Fone EaseUs and many others but no luck to access any data which was deleted/restored.
All data on the iPhone is encrypted.

When you begin a restore, the previous data is wiped and replaced with the new data and re-encrypted. So, even if you could (and you can't) retrieve the old data there's a matter of it's encryption, which is no longer valid.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
The way the iPhone is designed, you cannot recover from the phone once it's been wiped (or in your case restored from another backup).