Recovery mode help (unique situation)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Calistan, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Calistan macrumors newbie

Ok *sigh* last resort before I chuck the poor 4th gen =( (yes its out of warranty...BY ONLY A MONTH)
    Specs: IPOD Touch 4th Generation 8GB, not jailbroken with some 4.xx firmware on it.

Ok. Details:
    Home button has crapped out and will not work *At all*
    I managed to disable it. Plz don't give me crap about forgetting my password...i already know. :(
    I don't sync my touch that often, and after a "dissapearing hard drive bSOD on 64bit win7" I decided to reformat my hard drive...-.- who would've thought I can't restore it without the "original" computer. aka original itunes synced hard drive.
    So problem is. Can't enter DFU mode without working home button, can't access touch due to stupitidy, and can't sync to recovery mode due to a STUPID 1TB CAV BLACK HARD DRIVE (or stupid win7 64 bit...depending on which forum you're on)...
    So plz. Is there a way to work around this or do I need to go work a few extra shifts to buy a new one.

2. Calistan thread starter macrumors newbie

Delete

K. So I couldn't figure out a fix, so I sadly =(. had to toss it after apple said they would do nothing (helpful).

So Yeah. case closed. =(
    Time to buy a new one...in a month or two.