Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pranon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2014
Basically my file system has error and I want to fix it.

However: During boot, holding the option key shows all the partitions(including the recovery partition), but trying to boot into the recovery partition results in an apple loge being shown for around a minute and then the MBP shutting down. Holding cmd+R goes straight to internet recovery(which due to probably my ****** home network still kept showing the globe after ~10hours) which is not an option.
So, is there some sort of software that I can download/burn into a usb-drive/cd which I can then use to repair my hard drive?
P.S: I have a windows 8.1 partition as well. So if I could somehow run fsck on my os x partition from there it would work as well.
Thanks in advance.

pranon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2014
Thanks for your reply, though unfortunately it didn’t work.
It appears as though the software you linked me to copies my _existing_ Recovery HD into the external media. However since my Recovery HD is somehow borked as well, it leads to the same shutting down.
Any idea/suggestion as to what else I could do?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks for your reply, though unfortunately it didn’t work.
It appears as though the software you linked me to copies my _existing_ Recovery HD into the external media. However since my Recovery HD is somehow borked as well, it leads to the same shutting down.
Any idea/suggestion as to what else I could do?

I understand that and that's why I mentioned you would need access to another Mac to make the recovery key.

You will somehow need access to another Mac to make this recovery key to try and repair the drive. It really does sound like a bad drive though and I suspect your efforts will not be fruitful. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.