Recovery update 1.0?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by xetmarcr, Dec 13, 2015.

1. xetmarcr macrumors newbie

xetmarcr

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.1 & have a curious question: Software update includes 'OS X El Capitan Recovery update 1.0'. Is the current version still in beta? Otherwise, how can an update be to v.1.0?

2. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

I believe it's an update from Yosemite Recovery (or whatever OS version you are on) to El Capitan Recovery. I had the same thing for Yosemite when I upgraded from Lion.

3. xetmarcr thread starter macrumors newbie

xetmarcr

Thanks for the reply, but I've been running El Capitan (not a previous OS version).

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

There have been at least 2 updates to the Recovery system since the public release of El Capitan. I think each has been made available at the same time as the (dot) updates to El Capitan.
    Oddly enough, the first one that I have is listed (from about Nov 12 2015) in the System Information/Installations, as version 2.0, and the most recent (Dec 8 2015 on my system) is version 1.0
    I have no idea about THAT numbering weirdness - but, whatever it is, works.

5. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

I got Recovery Update 2.0 before 1.0 and there have been some Recovery Updates 1.0 and 2.0 before since the first beta of El Capitan.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-14 um 01.43.35.png

6. xetmarcr thread starter macrumors newbie

xetmarcr

Just wanted to make sure the numbering here was right. Thank you both for the info.