Recurring MBP problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SteamedGiraffe, Dec 2, 2010.

1. SteamedGiraffe macrumors newbie

So far, since I bought my refurbished Macbook Pro 17" in May 2010, I have had problems with the display (twice), they logic board (also twice), the cooling system (twice) the trackpad, the internal hard drive, the disk drive, the headphone jack, and many software glitches.

My MBP is currently on it's second unibody, trackpad, headphone jack, back cover, and hard drive, and it's third logic board, cooling system, keyboard, and display.

I keep taking it into apple, and they keep 'fixing' it, but it always comes back with another new problem. Frankly, this is getting to be a pain in the ass. I am in school and I am always (trying to) use my laptop. Is there anything else Apple can do besides keep trying to fix it?

btw. I got it back yesterday from getting a new internal hard drive, display, hard drive cable, and keyboard, and now I have to send it in again, because they messed up the keyboard and a few keys are jammed or something.

So, my question: is there anything else Apple can do besides sending it away again?

2. XFactorer macrumors regular

If you have AppleCare, after the 3rd incident of one particular issue, they'll "look into other options." I'm having troubles with my optical drive that never seems to burn a proper CD.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I would return to your Apple local Apple Store and ask to speak to the Manager. Explain in a polite way your frustration.

It's worth a shot.