Recurring problem with swipe to answer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SCOLANATOR, May 31, 2014.

1. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

Hi,

I've had this on my old iPhones as well. Occasionally when I receive a call it will not let me swipe to answer so I just have to wait then call them back later.

This has to be my single biggest gripe with the iPhone. Does anyone else have this issue or know of a way to stop it from happening again. I must stress this is a rare occurrence but one that is a problem and has been for sometime for me.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Does that area of the screen work normally in other apps or in the home screen? A good way to verify would be to get a free drawing app and check all areas.

3. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

Inability to swipe to answer started happening to me frequently several months ago. Try a restart and if that doesn't resolve it, try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. After the reset all settings you will want to review everything in Settings -- think I had to reenter my wi-fi password if I remember correctly. I haven't had the swipe to answer problem since.

4. SCOLANATOR thread starter macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

It happens so infrequently thats its not really worth the effort for a whole reset.

It works fine, I can answer calls 99/100 but it's infuriating the one time it happens.

5. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

Mine was happening of maybe 60% of calls. I agree about it being infuriating! I have seen a number of other reports of it happening frequently like it was to me -- that's where I got the restart/reset suggestion and in my case with it happening so often it was definitely worth doing.