Recycle Value Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duction, Jul 31, 2010.

1. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

so ive checked most recyling sites and for a 32GB iphone 4, is going for UK £420

thats £180 less then what i paid for it, is this the price the 3gs sold for around the same time frame from release? just interested in knowing the information and no im not selling it right now. just so you dont pull you're own conclusions and play columbo like i know some of you do ;p

for you yanks thats a $282 price drop since brand new

cheers

2. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4 32Gb is selling for around $650-$750 on ebay right now... more than double the amount I paid for it. Why am I not selling it???

Edit: Whoa... how much did you pay for your iPhone?!?

3. duction thread starter macrumors 6502a

duction

maybe because of the morbid ebay storeys your have heard ?

i just want to know how much im goign to loose selling it in 8 months time ?

4. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Um I'm not sure where you are going with this thread but the iPhone and most Apple products hold their value over time. I've sold all 3 of my previous iPhones for more than what I paid originally for them after a year own owning each and paid for the newest version and had a little left over. Pricing is based on S + D. Things can change pretty quickly. In any case, the iPhone is a great phone and an excellent investment, if you take care of the phone!

5. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I think you will get 350-450 depending on the condition of the phone and also if unlocked/locked, apps included, jailbroken etc.

6. duction thread starter macrumors 6502a

duction

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

No problem. I sold my 3GS after 7 months use. Got it free on 02 paid my contract of 260 and got 350 for the phone (16gb) in mint condition. Not to bad got to get the new iPhone and made 90£ :p

8. Schweitzer macrumors regular

You guys really think you don't pay full price.

Unbelievable.

9. duction thread starter macrumors 6502a

duction

you're talking about contract vs non contract? yea it all comes out in the wash.

was just thinking, if im going to loose 300 on my investment lol.

10. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Of course I know that!!