Recycle Your Old Phone!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sbrownla, Jul 6, 2007.

1. sbrownla macrumors regular

We all know that Apple sold a really significant amount of phones this last week. I think it's important that we consider how many phones are going to get thrown away, and do something about it.

I want to start this thread so that people are aware that they can recycle their old phones. >500,000 phones is terrible on the environment, and I think it would be really responsible to consider either keeping your old phone, selling it to someone else, or recycling it.

Please please please don't just throw it away because it can probably still be used and definitely can still be recycled.

Here is an article written about it with some interesting numbers: http://www.startribune.com/535/story/1275273.html

Please be considerate of the environment.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

i'm keeping my old phone cause you can make emergency calls on it...maybe useful somewhere at some time..

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i gave my slvr away and sold my razr on ebay. i don't like keeping extra things on hand.

6. janey macrumors 603

janey

I am aware of that story :D however, the youngest person here would be me and I'm not a 4 year old that would make 287 calls to 911 :p

Also I'm fairly sure a 4 year old wouldn't really know how to turn on a razr...so.

7. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

I sold my VX9900 on ebay for a very nice chunk of change and it looks like my mom's Treo 700w is going to fetch a good price as well. So much for getting dinged $175 each from Verizon :D

8. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm keeping mine...as a backup or if I ever go somewhere I don't want to take my iPhone

10. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I am the same way, i get rid of almost everything ehrm i buy something neww