Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slapbang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2014
Apologies if this is in the wrong category.

Im recycling old screens for the iPhone initially for my business and then for resale.

Does anyone do this on here? One thing im thinking on the resale side is how do you get hold of the shiny foil that goes on the rear of the screen? The screens I buy are recycled ones yet they come with brand new shiny foil on the rear of the LCD and also they come with the plastic protectors (usually blue or red)

Does anyone know where I can get both the foil protector and/or the plastic covers from? Ive tried my 'man that can' from China and even they dont know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Apologies if this is in the wrong category.

Im recycling old screens for the iPhone initially for my business and then for resale.

Does anyone do this on here? One thing im thinking on the resale side is how do you get hold of the shiny foil that goes on the rear of the screen? The screens I buy are recycled ones yet they come with brand new shiny foil on the rear of the LCD and also they come with the plastic protectors (usually blue or red)

Does anyone know where I can get both the foil protector and/or the plastic covers from? Ive tried my 'man that can' from China and even they dont know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

I don't refurbish screens, but I do fix phones on occasion. Would you happen to be talking about the polarizer that goes between the lens and the LCD, or the one behind the LCD? You can find that here, or search through eBay. You have to specify which you want, or they send you the top one by default.

Or would you be referring to the backlight?

If you're talking about the protective sheets of cellophane on refurbed/new display assemblies, I've always thought those were cut in-house, but I do not know where to find them in bulk and precut. :confused: Sent from my MacBook Pro.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.