Red Alert 3 Officially Out For Os X!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by palebluedot, Apr 4, 2009.

1. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

2. Ol3s macrumors regular

Ol3s

Yes everyone knows it came out, it has been out for like 2 weeks.
    I don't have it but it is a cider port

3. palebluedot thread starter macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

How do you know it is a Cider port? I can't seem to find any info anywhere. Can you give me a link?

Most CIDER ports run like crap.. has anyone heard if this one actually runs well?

4. Ol3s macrumors regular

Ol3s

5. jenmikel macrumors newbie

Cider port or not, its running really nice on my macbook pro (17" 2.6GHz), really, really nice.

Jen.Mikel

6. Ol3s macrumors regular

Ol3s

To me its all the same too, i dont care if its cidered or not. I have battlefield 2142 which sucks online but offline (which i play most of the time) it is alright and it is cidered. So once the price falls for the mac version of RA3 in switzerland i will buy it.

7. Oxide macrumors newbie

Choppy Poor Quality

Ok, so bought the game from GameTree and I must say that I am quite disappointed. Correct me if I am wrong here, but should a Mac Pro with the 8800GT 512mb and quad core 2.8's not be able to play this game fully cranked at ultra high at 1920X1200???

In fact, even at 1024x768 it blows and it is choppy. I have to go down to "high" quality and play at 1024x768.

Should this be happening? And if not, then what am I doing wrong here. Does anyone else have this issue???

Chris

8. The Mook macrumors member

game runs fine on my unibody macbook pro. not choppy at all.

9. alkar macrumors regular

Oxide : i have the same issues with my 8800 GT : and even in High it's sometimes choppy in some rendering scenes, specially in missions where a lot is happening and if you are "looking" at the battle.... So i guess people who are saying "it runs fine in ultra high" are just trying the first missions that aren't big, but some are horribly slow and drop to 5 fps sometimes :( As if there was some frameskipping sometimes or as if it was slowing down

10. jenmikel macrumors newbie

Oxide,

I think there's a serious need for new drivers on the 8800. We've been playing it for a few days now and noticed right away that the 8800 is awful compared to play on one of our macbook pros. We had the exact same problem with prince of persia so I'm wondering if its Cider related. My partner here was going to try swapping out the 8800 tomorrow to see if it helped.

Jen.Mikel

11. FreedomFighter macrumors member

Hey Guys,

Last year I bought Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, as I am a huge fan of RTS in general and C&C in specific. However, while the game runs great and smooth on my iMac, The shadows were pixelated and looked horrendous to the point of my turning them off. Is this the same with RA3 or have they done a better job of the port, and is there any other problems I should know about before I purchase the game

Thanks,

FreedomFighter

12. pprior macrumors 65816

Same problem with BF2142 - runs DOG slow on a 8800 but super fast on the ATI3870 - same machine.

I did find that running in a window rather than full screen seems to help a bit, but the 8800 is a HORRIBLE card for mac pro gaming.