Red case needed for new iPad to match red Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sick z33, Mar 9, 2012.

1. sick z33 macrumors 6502

As title says, I am wanting to use my red smart cover along with a matching red case that is smart cover compatible. So far it looks like Belkin, Marware, and Incipio have a red version that will be available soon for pre-ordering.

My question is, does anyone have the iPad 2 versions of their smart cover cases to chime in on which is best? So far I have read that the Incipio feather has been known to crack at the corners.

2. sick z33 thread starter macrumors 6502

The Lexington case and STM Skinny don't look bad either! I like that they have their own cover built in. Decisions decisions :p

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

I would wait until you get the red smart cover before you buy a matching case back. I received my red one today and its being returned.

Its not the red as shown on the apple site. It more ligh a muted red/orange and I
    swear I can see a black subsurface.

Part of the problem is undoubtedly the rather crappy leather they use.

Anyway, very disappointed.

4. sekazi macrumors 6502

I have heard good things about the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy but it wont be out at launch.

5. lc8 macrumors newbie

I have the switcheasy cover buddy in navy blue that perfectly matched the navy smart cover. It still looks as good as the day I got it for my ipad2. The only caveat is that it doesn't lock in the smart cover the way incipio's smart feather does so you may accidentally detach it from the iPad-- that being said, don't grab the smart cover by itself when handling the unit.

I like it being easily detachable though, especially with the extra weight of the new iPad. The smart cover does add weight and when you're viewing it hand held like when reading or playing an action game, you get rid of the smart cover's weight and the unit is more manageable. That's just my personal preference.