Red Computer?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by coolant113, Jan 13, 2008.

1. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

Do you think apple will ever release a red computer in conjunction with PRODUCT RED.. like they do with the ipods and give a certain percent of the money to some aids thing????:apple::apple:

2. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

I would buy it if they did. Red would look really good, especially in aluminum :)

3. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

That would be kinda neat. Red aluminum...kinda like those Speck cases. I don't think it would catch on too well because people tend to like computers in pretty basic colors, although I do know a girl with a pink dell computer. I think there could be a way for them to add something red to the inside maybe, so they could market it as Product[RED]. Who knows? I like the idea.

4. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

red+iMac=eww!!!! anyways I dont like the idea of the iMac being red but sort of like the idea of the Mac Mini being red

5. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

I was thinking more like the MacBook Pro or even an aluminum MacBook if that happens. Fancy colored monitors wouldn't look so nice. I agree with you. But laptops could pull it off I think.

6. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Yea weird how that works. Laptops can look cool in different colors, but desktops really don't.

7. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

Coolant113, ddint you recently look into purchasing a red cover for your mbp, like yesterday?

8. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

the only desktop that looked good in colors was the iMac G3

9. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Yeah I agree. Something about the translucency of it...

10. denz455 macrumors member

denz455

The MB or MBP could easily pull of the colour red, but its possibly the red pc would cost up to $500 more. The black version of the macbook costs up to 300 more (AUS apple website) so it would suck if the red one was established but was more between the $2,300 - $2,700 for the standard macbook 2,2ghz in red. And i disagree with the suggestion that it wouldnt kick off, id surely look into getting one and i cant imagine why people wouldnt consider them when they are so shiny and red :):):)

but then again, if they dont make a red one...this post is worthless :eek:

11. wightstraker macrumors regular

Even then they weren't that great, frankly. Remember this sorry thing?

Attached Files:

12. denz455 macrumors member

denz455

If this computer was a person, id run it down with my car.

13. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I don't think so, that is A LOT of color for one object, but I guess I would adapt to it. But I don't see Apple straying from the black, white, glass, and aluminum for a while (although they did end up doing the same thing with the iPods).