Red 'Disconnected' Icon - Gone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dino F, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Pre Watch OS 3, whenever your Apple Watch was disconnected from your phone, there would be a red 'Disconnected' icon, at the very top of whichever watch face you were using, however, I've noticed that since Watch OS 3, this icon does not display anymore?

Is this correct or is it just my watch?!

2. DeutscheMark, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016

DeutscheMark macrumors regular

DeutscheMark

Are you still in range of a known WiFi?

It does usually connect to it when the iPhone is disconnected and the 'Disconnected' icon is still not present. I think that is like that since watchOS 2.

You can also check the connectivity status in the Control Center. There's a Cloud Icon in the upper right corner. With the iPhone connected you have a phone icon there. No known WiFi in range and the phone disconnected will show the Disconnected Icon.

Attached Files:

3. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

....actually, I think you're correct!! My watch sits on my night stand at home, when its disconnected from my phone, however, its still connected to my home wifi, which is probably why I don't see the red 'disconnected' icon on the watch face!!!

Thanks for clarifying.
    :)

4. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I get it on my Series II. When I go to the toilet at work, I leave my phone on my desk. By the time I get to the toilet, the red disconnected icon shows. The toilet is only about 75 feet from my desk, but on the other side of some very thick walls...