Red Dot Appearing For False notifications w/ iOS9

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jmikhail490, Jul 22, 2015.

1. jmikhail490 macrumors regular

jmikhail490

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Seems like a dumb problem but ever since I updated OTA to iOS 9 beta 4 on my iPhone 6, my Apple Watch running watch os 1 randomly shows me the red dot notification at the top of the screen and when I pull down on it it says no notifications then it disappears along with the red dot. Does anyone know if this is because of beta 4? Or if there is a fix for this? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but this hasn't happened before updating yesterday OTA.

And it happens randomly once in a while.
    Anyone else getting this?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I got a couple with nothing. Today I even got a notification out of the blue telling me how long it would take to get to work (like the info you can get under Today in the iPhone Notifications pull down).

[​IMG]

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

4. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

It's a beta. Is this even worth a thread? Give some feedback to Apple.

5. jmikhail490 thread starter macrumors regular

jmikhail490

I am talking about my watch that is not on Beta and I am asking if this may be caused because of the fact that my phone is on beta and my watch is not? I was just wondering if this is a new thing that's been happening with the new beta on the iphone or if I am doing something wrong and can fix it?

6. jmikhail490 thread starter macrumors regular

jmikhail490

I am talking about my watch that is not on Beta and I am asking if this may be caused because of the fact that my phone is on beta and my watch is not? I was just wondering if this is a new thing that's been happening with the new beta on the iphone or if I am doing something wrong and can fix it?

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The Notification is being sent from you iPhone. It is just a small bug in iOS 9 causing it and unrelated to the :apple:Watch's wOS. It is so small it is hardly worth filing a BR. I haven't even had it happen again since the first day (Tuesday).

8. Bogies4 macrumors newbie

Bogies4

Yes if been getting the exact thing, which is why I searched this out. I get them quite often. Assumed that it is because of the IOS9 beta, but wanted it confirmed and not just wait till the final IOS9 version is available. I do think it is worthy of a beta bug report. If enough people just shrug their shoulders and ignore it this might just fall under Apples radar and we'll be stuck with it longer. I though that was the point of a public beta. I report everything I find questionable. I sure some will think this is dumb, but then this is why I don't use Windows

9. jmikhail490 thread starter macrumors regular

jmikhail490

Very true and that's why I brought it to attention because it did annoy me a little but hopefully it'll be gone with the next updates