Red Exclamation Mark when sending MMS messages.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Alexh614, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Alexh614 macrumors newbie

As the title says, whenever I try to send a picture it never sends and I get a "Message couldn't send" message with a red exclamation point by the picture. I've done all I could think to do, hard resets, turning settings on and off, etc.

Any help?

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

What kind of service do you have? 1 bar, 5 bars? Edge, 3g?

3. Alexh614 thread starter macrumors newbie

Five bars of EDGE. I don't get 3G in my area. I have had friends though with the same service be able to send pictures after their 3.1 update though, if that helps.

4. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I tried using sending tweets with pictures from an auto race where all I had was EDGE. It never worked. I've found EDGE to be utterly useless for most data use. And it's gotten worse as AT&T has crippled it further to build out their 3G network. If you don't have 3G all I can do is wish you good luck and hope you deal with frustration well. ;)

5. Alexh614 thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is though is that I've had friends, 2 feet from me, send me pics from their iPhone. While it may be true that Edge is garbage, I think it's more of a problem distinct to my phone.

6. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

do you have the same ipcc hack as them for sending MMS? Are they on a JB phone?

7. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Can't help much further. I don't have MMS yet (and honestly don't care much about the feature anyway). How is your signal compared to your friends otherwise? I had some signal problems problems at first with mine and getting a new SIM card helped. It was a pretty painless exchange at a ATT store.

8. Alexh614 thread starter macrumors newbie

Um... neither phone is Jailbroken. We both got the update from iTunes.

9. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

10. Alexh614 thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in Kentucky. And by update I meant the 3.1 firmware.