Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

achtungfemme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Last night I update to 6.1.1 and now my watch will not turn on. It's just a red exclamation point error even after numerous hard resets. Is there anything else I can do besides taking to an apple store? Online help info is sparse. Thanks!!

Debbie Trader Genn

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2020
I am having the same issue!! Downloaded the latest update last week, wake up to the red exclamation point . Called Apple support, tried restarting it, no avail. Spoke with another lady (assuming it was a supervisor) she told me to send it in and they would send me a replacement. I sent it in and received an email saying that it was going to cost me $199 to repair!!! It says that there was a problem with the hardware. There was NOTHING wrong with my iwatch before I downloaded the software update!!! I called and spoke with someone and told him “if I knew this was going to happen I wouldn’t have downloaded the update!!” He told me this would’ve happened even if I didn’t do the update. I’m waiting for them to find out what the hardware problem was. I’m so stinking upset!!!!! ?????? WTH???!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.