Red Hot Chili Peppers Live

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Merthyrboy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

So who went to see Red Hot Chili Peppers Live in the cinema and what were your opinions? For me I was a bit gutted that they didn't do as many old songs. I know it was about the new album but they could have done a few more I think.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I saw them live a long time ago - they were touring with the Foo Fighters in support of Californication, so that, plus the fact that back then the Foo Fighters were an opening act and not the headliner should date it about 10 years or so, and it was one hell of a good show. But their new music just doesn't do it for me. The songs aren't particularly good, but they're catchy. Don't really like the new single Adventures of Raindance Maggie, but the bass line is catchy as hell and it gets stuck in my head. RHCP's best years have come and gone IMO.

Foo Fighters + late 90s Chili Peppers = an excellent show. Wish I could see that again.

3. Merthyrboy thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish I was older then. Would have loved to have gone and seen them in like their prime. It'll be strange in like 30 years to see who people still remember and if they manage 10 studio albums.