Red Iphone on Top Gear !!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FilipH, Jun 30, 2009.

1. FilipH macrumors regular

Last sunday i saw the always funny Stephen Fry on Top Gear showing his red Iphone ?

Anybody knows if this is a special edition or some type of cover? Looks pretty hot ...

Attached Files:

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Looks like a snap on case. I'm sure you can get iPhone's coloured/anodised these days if you really want a coloured one.

3. FilipH thread starter macrumors regular

4. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'm pretty sure it's the incase. I have one on my phone, so I'm familiar with it. It's definitely not colorware, you can see the snap off bottom really clearly in the first photo.

Also, I was looking out for the case (since my boyfriend had texted me before I watched it saying he liked Stephen Fry's incase better than mine :() and when Fry first pulled the phone out his pocket it looked like just a normal black 3G (or probably 3GS) without a case.

5. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

What made me laugh was a) the app that they were talking about (Grindr) and b) his reaction on Twitter when he found out that part hadn't been cut...

6. FilipH thread starter macrumors regular

If you have case, can you tell me if it makes the iphone feel bigger and clunkier? Doesn't the extra weight and size bother you? Seeing the red case makes me want to have one, but surely the extra size and weight must be slightly annoying?

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I honestly don't notice. I like the case because (combined with the screen protector) it means my phone is almost completely covered and what I was really wanting to do was avoid scrapes and scratches etc 'cause it'll be a long time before I can afford another iPhone! I also wanted it partly because without a case my iPhone seemed really slippy (I have a 2G mind you)

The weight of the case is negligible. I just took it off to check and it weighs very little. It adds about 2mm of thickness overall to the phone which doesn't bother me at all. It's a lovely case, great fit and very well made. (and if you do some googling or even just search these forums you'll find that it's possibly the most popular case out there)

I tried to find a side pic for you to show the thickness but the best I could get is this, which is a 2G. Still, I think the 3G case is exactly the same in terms of how much thickness it adds.

[​IMG]

When I got it I was most worried that the rim (which overlaps the chrome) would get in the way when I was using the landscape keyboard but it doesn't at all.

Found it on Apple's uk site for you

[​IMG]

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TT967ZM/A?n=iphone2&fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=Mjc0MzI1Nw

And the product page on the incase website

http://goincase.com/products/detail/cl59065/3

8. FilipH thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies instaxgirl, you've convinced me to give it a try :)

9. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

The only place I could find the red cover version in stock was the Craphone Warehouse - £25...

Apparently it comes with a free Grinder app... :confused:

;)

10. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

they should get steve to do the celeb in a cheap car thingo. that would be funny! :D

11. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

You mean what he did when he was on the show last week? :confused:

12. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

He means Jobs.

And as there is no disabled parking at the Top Gear track... ;)

13. courtney.bella macrumors member

courtney.bella

I like the little bit of extra size and weight it adds, to be honest, makes it feel like it isn't going to go flying out of my hands--and I have the red case that you're talking about, and it looks really good, so that also kind of helps if I was annoyed about the little bit of extra size/weight.

14. scotland007 macrumors regular

" Some say, the stig came up with iphone concept while flying around gambon"

15. leons macrumors 6502

It is described as "metallic". Is it really?

Is the case lined so it won't scratch?

16. The General macrumors 601

No it doesn't. It's clearly a case. :rolleyes:

17. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

How can anyone think that is other than a case?? :rolleyes:

18. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

What's odd is that he didn't have any case on when he took it out of his pocket, it was a black phone...

19. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

off topic, but I love this show! Absolutely hilarious + great car reviews!

20. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Yeah that's definitely the metallic read Incase Slider.

21. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

Especially from the pics you can see it's a case cause the glass is lower than the edge. If it was a red iPhone the edge and galss would be flush with each other.

22. JonboyDC macrumors regular

There's a bit of rubber inside for protection, but it's not lined. A lot of people using this case have found that is scratches the chrome bezel. I had one one my 3G -- I just took it off for the first time (after getting my 3G S), and I found it didn't cause any unusual amount of scratching on my bezel. But there are lots of posts in the accessories section of the boards in which people do complain about scratches.

23. coogee macrumors regular

I'm flogging one of these 'as used by Stephen Fry' cases on ebay australia. If anyone wants to be like Mr Fry.
    Definitely an Incase Slider Metallic Red.
    [​IMG]

Have to laugh at Stephen Fry's ever-increasing Apple fanboyism, he's becoming unhinged on Apple product!

And no thread on the 'Grinder' App? Only on the phone case? :)

24. leons macrumors 6502

Is the case actually "metallic" or is that just a color description?