Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Somprp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Thailand, Bankok
Hi

when i run mac everything works fine,

but when i start xp up the red light comes on from the headphone port and speaker doesnt work and when i put in the headphone it also doesnt work.

I've read pages and pages of solution , about the sticking 1001 tools in and wriggle it around and i did , none worked. the evil red light is still there and only on xp, why why why ,

i would hate to go through days and days without sound on xp

all replies would be appreciated , please try not to say "take it to the mac support guys" :S

I'm a very hot girl trying to fix my bf macbook ,

thank you in advance <3

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
i appears that the windows side sees the port as being optical out only, which is why you see that red light. I don't know how to fix said problem though. What we need is for the port to output audio as 3.5mm headphone out. look around in xp to see what it has as the audio out.

Somprp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Thailand, Bankok
i recently updated my boothcamp and the right click didnt work so i repaired it with 2.1 version instead , that might be the problem? i have a feeling it's a setting thing , i've looked over different sound setting and have them all turn on , no luck

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.