Red Notification Badge on Settings AFTER 12.1.4 Update - doesn't go away

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by k.alexander, Feb 7, 2019.

1. k.alexander macrumors regular

k.alexander

Just updated to 12.1.4 and now have a Red (1) Notification Badge on my Settings app (iPhone X). No notifications inside Settings that I can find, and I've looked. Restart doesn't help. No further update available. Anyone else?

2. CTHarrryH macrumors 68000

How did you do the update - over the air or via iTunes?

3. k.alexander thread starter macrumors regular

k.alexander

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

I've had that happen on a few devices after some previous updates. Ultimately what ended up working in terms of getting it all cleared was signing out of iCloud and then signing back in (potentially with a restart of the device at the end as well, if I recall correctly).

5. k.alexander thread starter macrumors regular

k.alexander

How much crap do I have to re-do on the device, when I do that? iCloud contacts/calendars/etc? ApplePay? iMessage/Facetime?

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

I think I had to re-sign in into iMessage/FaceTime but that's about it (contacts/calendars/notes/etc. all came back on their own basically). Not completely sure about ApplePay as I haven't been using it recently (although I think that's more on-device type of thing, similar to Touch ID and the like).

7. k.alexander thread starter macrumors regular

k.alexander

Thanks. Just did what you suggested. Fixed the problem. Of course, I've also just spent an hour plus re-setting up lots of ****...like my iCloud stuff is coming back, but Task are f'ed up. Lost all my ApplePay stuff. F'in nightmare!

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

That's unfortunate. Yeah, it sucks that this glitch shows up sometimes and that there doesn't seem to be a simpler way to deal with it.