Red Pixel

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acuriouslad, Jul 7, 2010.

1. acuriouslad macrumors regular

I have just purchased my new Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 i5 with the glossy hi-res screen and low and behold I have a pixel that stays red in the middle of my screen!!! So disappointed with Apple :( So now I have the task of trying to get it replaced, I heard they don't replace them with only 1 dead pixel, but it is in the middle of my screen!!! Not happy! :mad: I paid over $2000 and I believe that this is truly unacceptable.

2. Patrick Boyle macrumors member

First - calm down. It's not really Apple's fault. Dead/hot pixels are impossible to avoid 100% of the time on such high resolution displays. I don't know what Apple's policy is, but I would take it in person to an Apple Store if possible and politely explain the situation. They'll probably make it right.

3. acuriouslad thread starter macrumors regular

Ok well I have just made a Genius appointment at my local Apple store, so we will see what happens.

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

the pixel is stuck. use google to find a program that will flash random colours to get rid of it. might work, might not.

5. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

you can also try to tap it or rub it, but oh thats right, there is a piece of glass in the way.

Sorry about the cynicism.

Anyways, Good Luck with getting your macbook replaced. I would not accept it either.

6. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I had a dead pixel right in the centre of my screen (the screen was a repair). They agreed to replace the display due to the placement of the pixel.

7. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I've had stuck pixels on my previous owned macbook pros and everytime I took it back for an exchange, they did it with no problems. I must have done it about 3 times for 3 different macbook pros since 2006.

8. acuriouslad thread starter macrumors regular

I'm glad to hear you positive comments at this very moment I'm running JScreenFix on it thanks for the suggestion we will see how it goes :)

9. plasticphyte macrumors 6502

You also have a 14 day return period where you can obtain a full refund on certain items.

10. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Lol, you dont understand how many times I've tried that JScreenFix, it NEVER WORKED.

11. acuriouslad thread starter macrumors regular

Well it seems I'm with you, it didn't work. Now I am going to try for a refund or replacement

12. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

I would be just as unhappy as you are. You have every right to be entitled to a replacement. You worked hard for the money you spent and if you are unhappy its Apple job to correct their mistake.

Here is what I would do:

-Be firm but polite

-You are unhappy with the screen and would like an exchange

-Talk with a manager if you are not happy

-In the end, if you are unhappy, return the unit. You can always buy another one. They may want you to pay a restocking fee but you can usually get this waived if you buy another one.

In the end, you are the one that should be happy. Its your money. Its your time. I believe that Apple will make it right.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
    -P