Red Ring of Death!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gamerz, Apr 21, 2008.

1. gamerz macrumors 6502

gamerz

Hello,

My xbox 360 finally got the red ring of death/doom after 3 years. It was one of the first ones to be released the christmas of 05 or 06... can't quite remember. I called Microsoft, they said that they would repair free of charge, and if they can't repair it, they will give me a completely new Xbox 360, and a new game :D

Just wanted to inform other Xbox owners how good the support at Microsoft is.

2. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Good for you! Three years is a great lifespan for the 360. Two of my friends went through more than three within months. But yeah, MS is great at replacing them in a timely manner without any hassle. If only they could make it so you don't need to so often...

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No such fancy toys here. When our 360 broke it was off to the shops for a replacement. It was done there and then since it was in the shops warranty or something.

A few friends of mine have badgered them and got new controllers, MS point cards (or whatever the 360 version is).

4. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Mine just hit the dust yesterday...

Makes me stop and think about how precious life is. We can all be here alive and kicking one day, but gone the next...
    :p

Well okay not really, but one thing is for certain. I really hate the Xbox 360 right now.

This whole thing just makes me appreciate the PS3 hardware that much more to be honest. Reliability.