Red tint in iMovie imports

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Dave00, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Dave00 macrumors 6502a

I've been using an older version of Imovie (5?) on my old iMac G5 for years, but have decided to try to make my next movie on my MacBook. I have both iMovie '08 and '06. Whichever one I try to use, I get a red tint on both pictures and video. The pictures are jpg's taken with a DSLR, which I'm either loading directly from the finder or using "import" to place, since I don't use iPhoto. The video files are .mp4. Apparently, there is a bug resulting in red tint on imported bitmaps, but I am not using bitmaps. I can correct the problem by reducing the red gain on individual media, but it's very frustrating. Anyone else run into this issue? Will post screen shots if desired.

2. psukidd120 macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem

I am using iLife'11 and using iDVD for the first time. I had created slideshow movies with aperture and the output from that looks great. When i made a DVD with iDVD the first thing I noticed when playing the DVD back on my tv was that all of the faces looked pretty red. I thought perhaps that the colors on my mac book pro's screen were incorrectly calibrated, and therefore i incorrectly adjusted the color temp on my photos.

I played the iDVD movie back on my MBP and noticed the same red tint. So i went back to the source file (aperture slideshow exported to a .mov file and played it. The colors were fine.

Now I dont know what to do to correct this in iDVD.

Any info would be helpful.

Thank you,
    Patrick