Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiagoncalves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Hi, two weeks ago I had a red wine split in the keyboard of a MacBook Pro 13 from October 2009, from the Esc key to the F5...
The wine reach the internal display connector, and oxide both the plug from the display, and the connector from the logic board (about three pin are damage). I went to a apple technical, and they say I need to change the display and the logic board. I can see a faint image in the display, and I can connect it to an external display with no problem, everything works fine! It seems that just the LED's backlight isn't working.
Is there a way of connect the cables os the 30 pin directly from the display cable to the logic board? Is it something possible for an electronic technician? Or, if there is any other solution...
Thanks!

Siriosys

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2007
New Zealand
.......Most importantly, can you describe what wine it was, vintage, and maybe a few tasting notes / food suggestions etc etc??? :D:D:D:D:D:D

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Hi, two weeks ago I had a red wine split in the keyboard of a MacBook Pro 13 from October 2009, from the Esc key to the F5...
The wine reach the internal display connector, and oxide both the plug from the display, and the connector from the logic board (about three pin are damage). I went to a apple technical, and they say I need to change the display and the logic board. I can see a faint image in the display, and I can connect it to an external display with no problem, everything works fine! It seems that just the LED's backlight isn't working.
Is there a way of connect the cables os the 30 pin directly from the display cable to the logic board? Is it something possible for an electronic technician? Or, if there is any other solution...
Thanks!

simply cleaning the connectors should fix it, if not could be expensive to fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.