redating in iphoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by louiek, Jan 15, 2009.

1. louiek macrumors 6502

I got a new camera a couple of weeks ago and accidentally set the date to 2008 instead of 2009. 300 photos later I've imported the photos and realised my mistake. How do I batch change the year, but still maintain the date and time info, 'cos I really don't want to do this one photo at a time. Thanks.

2. louiek thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, the photo's are already in iphoto and deleted off the memory card. I really don't feel comfortable changing exif information of photo's in iphoto, as I'd need to change the originals, the modified, the data and god knows what else to keep it consistent.

3. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

4. skybolt macrumors 6502a

In the iPhoto app (NOT in the finder) select the photos you want to redate, click on Photos in the menubar, then "adjust date and time". Be sure to check the box to modify the original file. Easy as pie!

5. louiek thread starter macrumors 6502

I was about to shoot back a message saying I'd already tried that, then realised I'd only tried to do it through 'batch change', thinking that 300 photo's constitutes a batch, not 'adjust date and time'. You are indeed correct Skybolt that does work and it does preserve all other time and date information, unlike batch change. Many thanks.