Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b0uch3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
From what I can tell, I need to use the redeem code link found in the iOS dev center to update 10.10 to dp2. However, when I get to the app store, it notifies me that the code has already been redeemed.

Is there another way to update or get my code working?

I'm currently running the first preview of Yosemite. I didn't have any problems when I followed the same step that time.

FIXED. The appstore update panel wasn't showing an update, so I assumed I needed to go through the dev center. There's an update appearing now.

Last edited:

dmccloud

macrumors 68040
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
From what I can tell, I need to use the redeem code link found in the iOS dev center to update 10.10 to dp2. However, when I get to the app store, it notifies me that the code has already been redeemed.

Is there another way to update or get my code working?

I'm currently running the first preview of Yosemite. I didn't have any problems when I followed the same step that time.

FIXED. The appstore update panel wasn't showing an update, so I assumed I needed to go through the dev center. There's an update appearing now.

Just as an FYI for anyone asking a similar question:

The key in the Developer Center is just to mark eligibility via the App Store app. Once you're redeemed the key, you'll have the option to download updates via the App Store. That being said, if Apple releases a new DP build that is only available as a full download, then you may need a new key, depending on how they set it up.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Just as an FYI for anyone asking a similar question:

The key in the Developer Center is just to mark eligibility via the App Store app. Once you're redeemed the key, you'll have the option to download updates via the App Store. That being said, if Apple releases a new DP build that is only available as a full download, then you may need a new key, depending on how they set it up.

What if you didn't download DP1 but want to download DP2? How do you do that? It won't let me because I already redeemed the code.

tywebb13

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2012
That's one of the reasons people make a bootable usb - so that you won't have to download it again.

Anyway, if you have to download it again, you can get DP1 in your mac app store in the purchases tab, install DP1 and then update to DP2.

dmccloud

macrumors 68040
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
One redeem code per developer account seems a bit stingy. What if I need to test both on my desktop and my laptop?

Then you log into the App Store on the other Mac using the same Apple ID. They lifted the one key per device restriction completely with Mavericks, so you can install Yosemite on all Macs tied to that Apple ID.

joenj07087

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2011
If you redeemed the code already, just open App Store and download it from there.

unfortunately all it shows for me is that I can download DP1, I guess i will have to download Dp1 again and install it again and then hopefully I'll be able to update to Dp2? is that correct?

by the way..once you hit redeem code, what happens?....because that is the source of my confusion..I don't see anything happening...at all..no download button to hit...nothing....What Am I missing?...and now when I hit it again..it says what the original poster says.." this code has already been redeemed...." very vague Apple...ugh!:confused:

dmccloud

macrumors 68040
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
unfortunately all it shows for me is that I can download DP1, I guess i will have to download Dp1 again and install it again and then hopefully I'll be able to update to Dp2? is that correct?

by the way..once you hit redeem code, what happens?....because that is the source of my confusion..I don't see anything happening...at all..no download button to hit...nothing....What Am I missing?...and now when I hit it again..it says what the original poster says.." this code has already been redeemed...." very vague Apple...ugh!:confused:

The code is redeemed in the App Store itself - the developer page won't reflect that. So once redeemed, you download the initial installer and subsequent updates via the App Store just like you download Mavericks and its updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.