Redeeming two rebates

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Oompa, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Oompa macrumors newbie

I'm a student, and I'm going to get a Macbook. I know I can get an iPod Touch for free after rebate, and plan to. But there's also a free printer rebate going on. Can I qualify for both? As in, I buy a Macbook, iPod Touch, and qualified printer, and then am able to fill out rebates for both the iPod Touch and printer.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yep. That's what we did in ought six when we got our 17" iMac.

3. MasonS247 macrumors newbie

How long did it take you to receive the money back?

4. Oompa thread starter macrumors newbie

5. mynameisshawn macrumors member

It took me about a week and a half to get my rebate. It was pretty fast IMO, but then again I forgot I even submitted the rebate.

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yes, you can get money from both rebate offers (I did last year). The only thing to remember is that you have to copy the UPC for one of the rebates, because both the iPod and printer rebates require a UPC from your computer's cardboard box. You have to write a quick note on the photocopied one that says something like, "original with iPod rebate" or something.

7. portent macrumors 6502a

If you buy them from the online store, the process is very easy. You can fill out a single rebate form online, using your order number as confirmation, and get both rebates as soon as the order is shipped out.

Remember that you have to buy the iPod, printer, and computer all at the same time, on the same order.

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

How does that work exactly though? Do you not get the check until the UPCs have been received?

I remember filling out all my rebate paperwork online (even though I bought in a brick and mortar Apple store), but I still had to cut out the UPCs (from the iPod, printer, and mbp).

9. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

I believe the US store (online and retailer) do not require UPC codes anymore. They just submit a form online and receive rebate cheques fairly fast. Us in Canada however, must mail in UPC codes.
    I qualified and picked up an iPod and Printer. Photocopied UPC of iMac which I mailed in with the iPod rebate. The iPod rebate form asked if you sent in for another rebate, which I filled in something like: "Perfect Companion - Canon" (the name of the promo + the printer i chose).
    I really hope I sent in everything correctly because I don't want it to be rejected.
    I think I will call in sometime next week to check the status. Not sure how fast Canadians have been recieving their rebates this year.

10. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

You must include something physical from the box itself, or else someone would be able to draw against multiple rebates, or possibly draw on a rebate and then return the item after cashing the check.

I'm pretty sure that Apple US still requires physical UPCs, because it's the simplest and most efficient way to prevent fraud.