Redesign coming?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adamvk, Nov 16, 2011.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

So here's my issue right now. My Applecare's about to expire. I want a faster Mac. I don't want to buy one right now because I want this one to last for awhile. What do you think the chance of a new Macbook Pro design coming in March (or earlier) is? Should I just wait until then? Or is it just a small rumor that's likely not true?

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Pro tip: The computer you buy today will not stop working if something new comes out.

Reality tip: You may not even like what is released.

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

no knows for peat sake. Like 100 people have asked that and they have all had the same answer. Please read those. If you need something now get one, if you can wait a few months than might as well.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I dont think anyone knows when a new design is coming. Would be nice to know however. If apple were to say when was coming there wouldn't be much sales right now of the current one.

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

6. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

You HAVE heard of the "Search" feature here?

;)

7. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Wah wah wah start searching. I get it. Stop complaining.

Ok, yea, I suppose I'll just wait. My Mac still is purty fast. :) If I buy Applecare now for $300 will that help my resale value that much when I sell my Mac in March (or whenever it is) for the new redesigned Mac? Basically is buying Applecare for just 3-4 months worth it for resale?

8. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

No.

9. Fandongo macrumors 6502

+1

I think i'll wait for Ivy, but mostly because i want to see if the new version of quicksync becomes a beast.
    But by then i think Apple's vision will start to narrow in on which no-glasses 3d monitor solution will prevail.
    And i'll want to wait for that.
    And then unbreakable flexi oled...
    And then iX processors that run at light speed and are powered by a smug sense of self-satisfaction.

Always something to wait for.
    Buy every 6 months to remain happy.

I worry about the inevitable slimming... hopefully there will still be room for 2x
    hard drives and graphics.

For what it's worth, i had a very serious dream about the first generation of Ivy Bridge severely underperforming...

10. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

It has already been established that March or earlier is a dreamers calendar. April or later is the more likely date all dependencies considered.

11. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I am waiting till 2014. That's when the really good model will be released.

12. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Skylake (2015) will blow it away. The CPU will actually produce energy while working, i.e. no need for external power supply and no heat.

13. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Hmmm, should I wait for 2015 model or should I get a 2014 model? I must ponder on this and start another thread.