Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by memco, Jul 6, 2009.
Can you guys provide some feedback on this page for me please?
- There is a small white vertical strip between the left-hand content (which is light gray) and the right hand column (light blue). I find it a little distracting.
- The nav bar links are not evenly spaced.
- The titles of the sections on your page are not easily distinguishable. At first glance I thought it was a blog, but now I see that you actually have 3 content areas ("This Month's Offer", "Programs & Ministries", etc) that are squished into one. Think of some way to make them more distinct, or separate them somehow.
- Very clear, very readable.
- I would have added a shadow btw the border and the background
@Miles01110: Any suggestions for methods to get even spacing on the navbar links? I can center them, but there's still going to be uneven spacing issues. The white strip in the middle is meant to be a gutter. What about removing the gray color of the main area and using white instead? I'll play with some background colors to distinguish the different sections.
@Angelo95210: Are you saying you'd add a shadow to the whole page? I'm not quite sure I get what you're suggesting.
BTW: Any comments on the color. It's mostly monochromatic, but does it give enough interest?
Righty, lets get stuck in I'll try to be thorough, I'll try to be helpful, sorry if you feel criticised. I'm using Firefox 3 on Mac.
Technically, the pages have heaps of errors in the code (33 on home page HTML and 8 in CSS).
The navigation adds 1px when you rollover - this would be better if you had a bottom border which changes colour on hover rather than adding a bottom border on hover.
Your listen live button is slightly out of line with the background.
The site degrades well with css turned off.
The colours are a little dull, but if these are required by the client, so be it.
The banner is a little messy - consider revising typography.
Many of the images down the right hand side have jagged edges or white backgrounds where I feel transparency would be better - consider png format.
I agree with removing the white line and possibly adding the shadow to border the page in (like this site for example).
Think that will do for now...
Those points aside, it is nicer than the original, so good job
I mean the grey you used from the container is really pale, and for me there is not enough contrast with the white background. So I would add a border, maybe with a shadow effect around... as if the container was floating on the background.