Redesigned Airs going into production??

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dave343, Aug 7, 2014.

1. dave343 macrumors member

Something no one seems to be talking about is the few articles around that mention the 12" Air delay but also that the 11" and 13" are getting a new chassis, chipsets, screens. This sounds pretty significant so why aren't many talking about this...? Articles pointing to production starting this month, and if it's a redesign as mentioned I would have thought this would be big news, with possibly a small Apple conference. So is this all talk? I bought a 11" but I'm still within the 14 days...

2. jimboutilier macrumors 6502a

New airs were just released and there are unlikely to be any more released until suitable M series chips are available next year. The 12" is a possibility using very low powered CPUs suitable for tablets and convertibles but not sure how they would drive the rumored retina display so I don't expect the 12" before next year either.

Likely folks aren't speculating too much because it's too far off at this point.

3. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Rumored a while back, than another rumor report that it was a no go for this year. There for no more information. Next year probably and the reason no one is talking about it now.

4. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

It was recently discussed here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1760266