Redesigned my Site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MegaMan1311, Jul 2, 2009.

1. MegaMan1311 macrumors regular

Hey there!

I posted my site here a while back, and got many comments about it being great for a blog site, but not for a business site. Well, I took those comments into consideration when I redesigned the site. Although I did not mean for it to, in the end, the site ended up being fairly Apple-esque.

Site

Questions? Comments? Do you like the Gradients? Do you hate them? Please rip it apart. I want to know everything that you do not like about the site!

Just a note, it has been tested in IE7, IE8, Safari 4, and Firefox 3.5. Also, I am aware that the CSS doesn't validate. I used some of IE's filters to get IE to behave a little bit more like Safari and Firefox.

Thanks!

2. macuser154 macrumors 6502

Very nice! Well done.

I don't like the bit at the bottom though, the gradient looks nice but I feel that it is too big. I think the "We Make Having A Web Site Simple" text is too large, as is the "Bluemoon Code" text.

When you mouseover the links on the page I don't think that the blue that appears is attractive. Also I think that the shadows on some of the text could be done without.

Just my thoughts. Great work so far though!

Oh, one more thing, just a minor error, but the "We believe that it is our job to give you a site that is as simple and easy as possible" text should read "We believe that it is our job to give you a site that is as simple and as easy to use as possible".

3. MegaMan1311 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

I shrunk the footer some, as well as the "We Make Having A Web Site Simple" title. I've also changed the links so that the links change color, and there is no background.

I use the shadows because they make the text stand out, but I'll definitely experiment with using less shadows.

Also, great catch with the error. I probably would not have caught that. Thanks!

4. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

It's functional and not unattractive but it lacks any sort of character or personality. The biggest example of this is that even the logo is the same font as the copy on the website.

5. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

yes.

i like it, but the bottom part needs some work i have to say.

6. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I don't know why...but I love the bottom portion. A lot of websites seem to be doing that too...dark gary/black with the links down there.

7. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

we are doing that on my school's new website(which i am helping with) and i really hate it, but im just the student worker, what do i know.:rolleyes: