Rediculous experience at Apple Store today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rockies, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Rockies macrumors 6502

Walked into a store today to find out how I can sign up for T-Mobile and buy an Iphone 6. The first person said they don't sell T-Mobile phones. Second person says they only sell T-Mobile phone and no plans. Third employee said that I can buy phone full price only and have to go over to T-Mobile and sign a contract. Fourth person said that they do not offer Jump program. Totally frustrated that nobody knows anything about phone plans. Perhaps a bunch of glorified family room technicians working at Apple now. I expect this at big box consumer electronic stores, but not Apple.

2. julesgold macrumors regular

Well they did not lie. The only sell T-Mobile iPhones full price without a contract. They do not offer the JUMP thing either. You have to go to T-Mobile for that.

3. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

You could have bought from the second person or the third. Lol.

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Apple sales reps, as well as any other sort of retail sales rep, are for the most part idiots.

I've come across three in my life that took their job seriously and new the details about what they were selling.

Consider this a good life lesson OP:
    1) don't ever trust or rely upon a sales person.
    2) go into it expecting them to screw things up.

5. r-m macrumors 6502a

Could this partly be because theres still a lot of temporary staff to support the new launches?
    Don't Apple hire temps to cover new launches and keep them til just after Christmas? So just those temps not quite up to scratch yet.

6. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I laughed out loud.