Redownload apps with iCloud backuped data?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Under iOS 5 I use iCloud to backup my apps every night. I know that I can use that to restore from backup. I had originally foolishly assumed that if I delete an app, but then redownloaded it I could basically restore the individual app from the same backup without needed to restore my entire iPhone. but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is this possible in iOS 6?

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

3. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

This is probably the single most frustrating thing about iOS. It's literally impossible to remove a game from your device and keep the game saves unless it is one of the few games that supports icloud.

4. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

There should be an almost mandatory requirement to use online backups for games. Even silly games like bejewelled should have an iCloud backup. especially those of us with iPhones and iPads and trying to play 1 game between the 2.

Something should be implemented that allows us to individually toggle apps to automatically back up their data on the iCloud similar to how location services are handled in iOS 6. Call it 'iCloud preferred storage" and toggle each app you want to put their "save" files in the cloud.

5. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

That would be the ticket! I just set up as new on iOS 6 beta 3 and I miss my GTAIII save... I would probably even pay for a service like that tbh.

6. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

It's possible. Just delete the game, and a box will appear saying "do you want to keep or delete game/app data?" and just click keep or yes.

BTW: iCloud only backups up the app data, not the app (the app would take a big space away from your iCloud storage.

7. danielceleste macrumors regular

It is on some apps that sync with iCloud (ex: Infinity Blade II, Day One, djay, iWork apps, Doodle Jump)

8. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

Can we create a list of games that have iCloud backups? I am sick of getting far in games and losing my data.