Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Last weekend I had a catastrophic hard drive failure, and despite knowing I should have done, I didn't have a backup.

So, basically, I'm in the process or redownloading all my Apps and Music back from iTunes (and reimporting my CDs). However I can't seem to find any way to redownload my TV Shows and Movies. Is it possible or are they now gone forever?

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK

Attachments

• Pic.png
    Pic.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 88

llionw

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2010
@ roadbloc

this also happened to me, my 2007 PC build suffered a CPU failure, and the Films & TV shows purchased on that machine did not show up on the new build. Not even with iCloud did they show up for re-download as GGJ mentioned, I thought all was lost.

However, I recently logged into my iTunes account and into 'purchase history' - whereupon I chose the 'report a problem' option - it takes you to a message screen where you can report your issue to iTunes tech support, an operative emailed me within 24hrs, suggesting some solutions, in my reply I mentioned that the original authorised machine suffered the CPU failure and that I could not re-download the old purchases on the new machine. within 24 hours the tech support guy emailed me with a resolution - click on 'store' in the menu bar > check for available downloads & hey presto ALL my purchases were available for re-download!!

this tactic may be worth a shot for you too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.