Redownloading In App Purchases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yargok, Jun 18, 2009.

1. yargok macrumors newbie

I had a question about redownloading in app purchases that are now available with OS 3.0. It is well established that you can redownload paid apps, be it on the same iphone, or a different iphone, provided that the account credentials were the same. This way I could use a purchased app on more than one iphone/ipod touch that I owned.

With In App Purchase, is the DRM the same? Can i click to buy the in app purchase a second time from my ipod, if I've already bought it on my iphone, and not be charged a second time for it?

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this. I plan to buy a 3G S tomorrow :)D), but already have an ipod touch that I plan to continue using.

2. Westin macrumors regular

3. computermilk macrumors 6502

Excellent... excellent question... i have no idea.

4. keybsnbits macrumors newbie

I'm also curious about this... can anybody help us out?

5. KSUWizard macrumors member

I was just reading this morning that Apple left that up to the developers. If you purchase something in-app and its corrupted or gets deleted you have to contact the developer for a refund or redownload. Pisses me off that I can't remember where I was reading that.

6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

From the T&C

"Certain Products may include functionality that enables you to purchase additional services, or licenses to additional functionality or content for use within the Product ("In App Purchases"). In App Purchases that are consumed during the use of the Product (e.g., virtual ammunition) cannot be transferred among devices; can only be downloaded once; and after being downloaded, they cannot be replaced. Once a consumable In App Purchase is purchased and received by you, Apple shall be without liability to you in the event of any loss, destruction, or damage. All In App Purchases are deemed Products, and In App Purchases made within Third Party Products are deemed Third Party Products, and treated as such, for purposes of these terms and conditions."

...but from TUAW:

"items purchased IN an app (like new levels, dresses for virtual dogs, map packs, etc.) may not transfer among devices; our developer friends tell us they are absolutely supposed to transfer, but the effort to make that work is on the individual developer and Apple is simply doing a CYA here in the terms. If you have 2 iPhones with the same iTunes account, you can have the same app on both devices -- but you won't be able to reuse anything purchased in one instance of the app onto the other iPhone, nor are you guaranteed to be able to get all your In App content back if you replace your iPhone."