Redsn0w 0.9.6b4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 1984world, Dec 15, 2010.

1. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Hello. I have the old bootrom which means that I can have an untethered jailbreak using the redsnow method. the method is as follows:

download ipsw 4.2.1

restore iphone

run the redsnow

now my question is, will this leave all my info in apps the same? meaning i have an app "shiftworker" that has my work schedule. will i have to reset all the info? will i have to reorganize all my apps into the appropriate folders all over again? i'd like to jailbreak as i miss some of the jailbreak apps (ive purchased about 100 bucks worth of great cydia apps) but i don't want to have to go through the hassle of days of organizing my stuff all again.

any info would be great. thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you restore from backup all your stuff and info will be there just as you left it before you JB.
    Just make sure you backup before you restore or update and then restore from backup.

3. 1984world thread starter macrumors 6502

1984world

cool thanks. any idea where, if i use redsnow, can i find the ipsw on my computer (windows vista)? that would help me do the jailbreak with my own ipsw instead of an apple clean download (or so i think would work).

thanks again dude!

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can download iPhone ipsw firmwares from here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750