Redsn0w 0.9.8b3 for 4.3.3 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jakerz, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Jakerz macrumors regular

I got a replacement iPhone 4 today and luckily it came with 4.3.3. Can I use the updated version of Redsnow to do an untethered Jailbreak on it?

2. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

yes, it will jb it fine

3. Jakerz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I thought so but I just wanted to make sure.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

5. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

use jailbreakme.com like @mpossoff said and save shsh blobs.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Like others said, use jailbreakme.com and you don't even need to hook it up to your PC/Mac.

On your iphone, open safary, type in jailbreakme.com and follow its instruction.

This is one of the most easiest way to jailbreak your phone because yours has 4.3.3 firmware on it.

7. Jakerz thread starter macrumors regular

I used JBM on my original iPhone and I ended up having a problem with texts I sent getting delivered.

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I think last time I jailbroke 4.3.3 I used Redsn0w RC17, and it worked great. Worth a try!

9. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

two totally different tools based on two different exploits. is like saying redsn0w 0.4a messed up your original iPhone so won't use redsn0w 0.96a to jailbreak your iPhone 4. they are two tools that use different exploits.

10. Jakerz thread starter macrumors regular

Ok maybe you didn't understand...
    In July, I used JBM to jailbreak my iPhone 4. By the time I realized that people weren't getting all my text messages it was too late to restore and try again because Apple had already released iOS 4.3.4. I went ahead and restored to iOS 4.3.4 though so that my texts would be delivered normally. All that happened in July.

Jump forward to this week...
    My home button was acting very temperamental. So I dumped my tethered iOS 4.3.4 jailbreak and upgraded to iOS 4.3.5. After a couple of days of my home button still not operating 100% of the time, I decided to contact Apple about getting a replacement sent to me. I got my replacement iPhone 4 yesterday and the first thing I looked to see was what version of iOS it had. I had been hoping for it to have iOS 4.3.3 so that I could untether jailbreak it.

I only had one chance to get the jailbreak right because iOS 4.3.3 is not being signed anymore. After the problem I had with JBM, I did not want to try it again. I had been using Redsn0w to do my tethered jailbreak on iOS 4.3.4 with absolutely no problems so I want to continue using it.

The whole reason I created this thread was to see if I could use the current version of Redsn0w to do the jailbreak or if I needed to download the version that was released for the jailbreak originally!