Redsn0w did nothing?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Muncher, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I've tried to jailreak my iPod now twice with no success. Each time redsn0w has run through its whole routine, but each time I have no Cydia.

When I put it in DFU mode (or try), it starts the reboots after about 5 seconds into the final step. Could this be why it won't work?

2. Muncher thread starter macrumors 65816

Muncher

3. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

You need to update to 3.0 first, in case you haven't already. Even if you have, just restore and try again. It worked for me perfectly today. Just follow the instructions Redsn0w gives you: turn off first, hold down top and bottom buttons and then take your finger off the top button.

4. Muncher thread starter macrumors 65816

Muncher

I have upgraded to 3.0. I thought redsn0w did not require a restore before patching like quickpwn?

5. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

If it is giving you trouble, just use Pwnage Tool 3.0.

6. Muncher thread starter macrumors 65816

Muncher

It doesn't support the 2G touch I don't think. I did get redsn0w to work, but I had to start fresh without any saved games or anything, which is really annoying and I regret it. I had thought redsn0w was a quick unlock, like quickpwn, no restore required.

7. simeezee macrumors member

very interesting. i had to start fresh also. otherwise it gives unknown errors.