Redsn0w - jailbreak on MAC, boot on PC?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by davedke, Dec 1, 2011.

1. davedke macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my iphone4 iOS5 using Redsn0w on my iMac. I have to drop off the iMac at apple for a repair. I wanted to do a tethered boot on a PC but it does not seem to be working. Is it impossible to go from a mac jailbreak to a pc boot? Do i have to re-jailbreak or is there is something else I can do? I will have my iMac for another day, so maybe there are some files I need to copy over? Thanks for the help

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

You should definetely be able to boot tethered with redsn0w on Windows if you jailbroke on a Mac, or reversely.

But you probably need internet access the first time as it needs to download the .ipsw file. Make sure you have the newest redsn0w, and you may need to download the .ipsw yourself (assuming that the problem theoretically could be that redsn0w downloads it when jailbreaking, but not when booting, which would be a minor bug). I believe iClarified has them, and probably many other sources.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

As previews poster said, you can boot tethered from any machine that can run redsn0w, i do it all the time, all you need is the ipsw. Make sure to download it and go to Extras > Select IPSW and point it to the correct IPSW that you downloaded it or copied from your mac.

then boot tethered and done