Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoeTheLesbo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
So let me tell you exactly what I have done. I downloaded redsn0w and installed cydia, installed about two things, a font app and winterboard i believe. Didnt really know anything about jailbreaking, so i deleted cydia and the two apps were still there. No problems during that period of time. After removing cydia, i decided to download some music, and I have a app that allows me to MAKE ringtones, but it always has my phone syncing with it when i plug my phone in. I got irritated, so i deleted the app, and the ringtones, but somehow they remained in my phone. Anyways, i turned my phone off...oops. So my phone has been stuck at the apple logo ever since. I have done the home&power button numerous times. Still nothing. So i "tethered booted" it...stuck at pineapple screen..then after a while it goes back to the apple. And i noticed today that it will stay on the apple, go away, then come back, basically stuck in a reboot loop. I know how to download the ISPW and how to get iTunes to do the reset thing where it downloads the software for my phone. But my internet sucks and it never completely downloads. Pleaseeee help me.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
why would you instal an tethered jailbreak? there are untethered available.

also how did you remove cydia?

MoeTheLesbo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
why would you instal an tethered jailbreak? there are untethered available.

also how did you remove cydia?

again, i know very little about jailbreaking. and i went to the cydia app and removed it...do you know how to help me?

Fresh1

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2010
Maryland, USA
When was the last back up you did? You could always just try and restore from iTunes?

I'm not sure really, just tossing out ideas.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
again, i know very little about jailbreaking. and i went to the cydia app and removed it...do you know how to help me?

never had that problem ive been jailbreaking for 4 years. but always been untethered and never uninstalled cydia.. Didnt even know that was possible it comes with the jailbreak...
Keep trying things next time dont jailbreak till you read a little.

Mess

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
The only way to fix your mess is to restore via itunes.
I would suggest put into dfu mode then restore.

I think jailbreaking is beyond you at the moment so would recommend you reading about jailbreaking etc before attempting it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.