Redsn0w won't recognize my ISPW

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yikess, Jul 23, 2011.

1. yikess macrumors newbie

I am on a macbook pro with an iphone 4, 3g at version 4.2.9 (8E501). I've tried jailbreaking my phone on greenp0ison, blackra1n, snowbreeze and now redsn0w. When i browse redsnow in the direction of my ISPW under itunes it still does not work. I'm wondering if its not possible with the version 4.2.9 or I'm just screwing it up some how. If anyone can give me advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

nope unless you have blobs saved I think you are stuck till the next major Apple update. this was a minor update to fix the pdf exploit that Comex also used for jailbreakme.

3. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

There is still a tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 & 4.2.9 versions for the iPhone 4 GSM & CDMA respectively.

4. yikess thread starter macrumors newbie

okay thanks for the advice. is there any way to down-grade

5. yikess thread starter macrumors newbie

what exactly is the difference between GSM and CDMA??

Edit: Because I've downloaded one of those and it says can not work with the browser off of redsn0w.

6. Dannymonky macrumors member

Dannymonky

GSM=ATT

CDMA=VERIZON

:eek:

7. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

More specifically, there are two diffferent types of cellphone technology and networking. GSM is more popular, but some carriers are based off of CDMA, which does not require a SIM card, because the phone itself is communicating to the cell towers, unlike with GSM, the SIM card is communicating on behalf of the phone. These are just basic principles.

8. yikess thread starter macrumors newbie

its impossible for me to jailbreak this phone via tethered or not. ive downloaded the gsm and cdma and ive tried redsnow 0.8 and 0.9 several times each. it still says ispw failed when i browse either redsnow through itunes to find the firmware. wtf!!

9. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

It's a tethered jb. Stay away.

10. yikess thread starter macrumors newbie

How may I go about downgrading my iphone for the latest non tethered version? ;o

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

D/l tiny umbrella and save shsh. Let us know what blobs you have.