Redsnow & blackra1n dont work 1st generation touch HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Trolley, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Trolley macrumors newbie

i am trying to jailbreak my Ipod Touch 1st generation 1.1.5 with redsnow, and everything works till at the very end when i have to copy over my songs, there is no sync button to press. The only option i have is to restore which will remove the jailbreak.

i have also tried blackra1n, it stays on "running..." for about an hour, it never shows the picture like on the youtube videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcRPnag9Qlk, and eventually it gets to 'jailbreak is done' in a pop-up then "wait for reboot" on the small black box but that freezes and nothing happens, it just stays on the screen with the itunes logo and cable with the arrow ontop

Does anyone know how to help me or know something else i can try?

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

You can't jailbreak OS 1.1.5 with redsnow or blackra1n, they are designed to work with OS 3.1.2\3. You need to either update your OS or find an old jailbreak for 1.1.5.

3. Trolley thread starter macrumors newbie

alright, i c. thx heaps tadad1 :D
    and does anyone know of anywhere i can download and old jailbreak for my ipod, so i can update to the latest one

4. icod macrumors newbie

Upgrade your IPod Touch and jailbreak it with blackra1n. It's much easier and much faster! Have fun!